Mac App Store apps do not update or install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by applephysci, Mar 12, 2013.

1. applephysci macrumors regular

I've searched all over for a solution.

Whenever I try to download a new app from the Mac App Store, it swooshes over to Launchpad and stays there forever in 'Waiting' mode. If I were to reboot or log out/in, that new waiting app disappears from Launchpad and I will have to try and redownload again but only to receive the same response. (It's funny, it doesn't even appear on my new apps purchased list in iTunes).

If I try to update an app using the purchases or updates tab on the Mac App Store, the update button will briefly disappear upon click only to reappear a few seconds later without any response in either the App Store or the Launchpad. I have several apps that I have purchased that need updating and I cannot do so.

I've tried several solutions previously suggested - force quitting, clearing the Library App Store cache, signing out and in of the App Store, updating my credit card info, switching from ethernet to wifi, deleting apps, etc. I just can't seem to get the App Store to download or update. Any suggestions?

2. applephysci thread starter macrumors regular

For the benefit of anyone that's facing a similar situation, here's an update: I had a dose of reality and realized that it was merely an erroneous block by little snitch.