Mac App Store apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tech198, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G5

Hi all.

Just wondering with apps, like Gararge Band, iPhoto & iMovie, for the iPad, apart from iWorks apps, are these fully functional apps as comrable to the desktop ?

That is to say, anything you can do within these apps (or the iLIfe Suite) on say an iMac, or Macbook Pro, will be the same on the iPad, for thse comparable apps?

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Yes, they are the same apps from the iLife and iWork suites.

3. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

The iPad Apps are not the same as the desktop Apps. They have been simplified for use with the iPad.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Sorry, he confused me with the title, the Mac App Store != iOS App Store. The apps on the iOS App store is not the same as the desktop apps; they are designed to be used on an iOS device.

5. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

While very similar and able to easily open their files each app does operate differently on the iPad as compared to the desktop version. The iOS version could be called nerfed, however for being a functional app on the mobile device you are able to do a lot.

My only quibble would be limitations on formatting Pages documents on the iPad compared to the desktop version. On my Mac I am able to easily have text at both left and right aligned in the same line, on the iPad that is not possible.

All the apps on iOS have their own quirks you'll have to get used to. But they are full apps that do most everything the desktop does.