Mac app store categories

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Birdmagnus, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Birdmagnus macrumors member

Hello everyone, so i have a tiny problem with the mac app store. The app itself works fine and i can get into the top chart, purchases, and the categories. However, once i get into categories i can't get into any of the sub-categories (games, finance, and such), but i can still get into the apps by clicking their names.

Im not really trouble by since i get into those sub-categories through the top chart, but i want to fix this bug. I also notice that it takes a long time to load the app store, not sure if this is normal?

I have a base macbook pro retina if that helps and I'm sorry if this is confusing, not sure how to explain it.

Thank you.

2. Ddyracer, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012

Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Not confusing at all, very straight forward. The long loading issue i think is the MAS itself, it's little unresponsive on my mac as well and clicking on an app from categories is like wading through a swamp.

As for the sub category prob i can't get into it either.

3. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

You are not alone, I am having the same issue and it seems that others are too. The issue is popping up on the Apple Support discussion pages. Hopefully a fix will arrive soon.

Cheers

4. Birdmagnus thread starter macrumors member

Ah I see, I thought i was the only one since my search in google didn't find anything, but I forgot to search in Apple support, silly me.

Ah well, at least now I know that I'm not the only one, thank you both for replying so quick :).