mac app store doesn't accept debit only credit cards?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lowlypeace, Oct 26, 2012.

1. lowlypeace macrumors member

earlier this morning I tried to buy a mini at 8:01 through the mac app store on iPhone but when I got to check out it didn't have the option of debit only credit card, is this the case in the UK?

went to the website and was able to purchase with debit card, can use debit card to download songs and movies

strange, can only think apple have limited big purchases through the mac app to credit cards, due to some lesser fee involved for them or something

hmmm

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

It accepted mine, using express checkout in the US.

3. DoctorYuyi macrumors member

When they say credit card, they mean both debit and credit cards. There's no way for their system to know the difference between them since they don't have access to that information.

4. lowlypeace thread starter macrumors member

when I went to checkout there was no debit card option, which it has online, only master card, visa and so on

in the UK anyway, debit card details don't pass for credit card, they are a different length

I just though with was odd that I could order with debit online, but not on the iPhone app

maybe its a UK limitation

5. Powrie macrumors 6502

Well here in the USA debit cards have a symbol on them that designates what type of "credit card" it is.

Its not actually a credit card but it will work as a credit card.

See my debit card has a Visa symbol / Icon on it.

So if i was going to pay for something and I didnt have an option to select debit card I would select Visa and it works every time.

At least that is how it works here in the USA :rolleyes:

6. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Did you even try it or you just assumed it wouldn't work?