Mac App Store has been detsroyed and doesn't open anymore!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gusbemac, Oct 16, 2012.

1. gusbemac macrumors member

Hello people!

Good evening,

I'm hopeless and I have a serious problem with my OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion on my Mac mini. I downloaded the OSX 10.8.2 Combo Update packaged and the Pacifist for testing how I did for my Macbook White. When I extracted the App Store from Pacifist, the App Store from my Mac mini has been replaced.

After the finished work, I noticed the weird icon of App Store, it became one application icon and not anymore app store icon. I open it, it crashed quickly and gave a report.

I copied the original App Store from Lion to Applications, but the Applications didn't allow because it's used and required by Mac. I tried to open the original Mac App Store from Lion in my own OS X Mountain Lion.

What will I do?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

You won't be able to open the Mac App Store from Lion in Mountain Lion. I'd just run the 10.8.2 Combo Update (not using Pacifist) and let it replace it. Should work fine.

jW

3. gusbemac thread starter macrumors member

Yes, but I also run the combo update, without using pacifist, and the app still kept the application icon and not the normal icon and I couldn't open it.

If I copy the App Store from Lion to Mountain Lion and update the App Store from Combo Update, will it work?

Who uses OS X 10.8.2, can you send a zipped file of original App Store app for me?