[Mac App Store] Introducing ScreenFloat - a productivity utility

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by m.gansrigler, Mar 19, 2011.

1. m.gansrigler, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013

m.gansrigler macrumors regular

m.gansrigler

Hi,

my name is Matthias, I'm the developer of Eternal Storms Software, known for apps like flickery and GimmeSomeTune.

[​IMG]

I'd like to introduce you to ScreenFloat (Mac App Store link), my newest creation for the Mac.

ScreenFloat allows you to create screenshots that float above all other windows so that information is always readily available.

It is the ideal choice for anyone tired of moving and resizing windows around just to access a piece of information hidden behind them.
    It is a great way to transfer not copy-paste-able information to another application and is also an excellent tool to store information for later use.

ScreenFloat offers you a great way to organize your shots with the built-in "Shots Browser" which lets you tag and name shots and organize them in "Collections" and "Smart Collections", sorted by criteria you specify.

What the press says about ScreenFloat:
    "[ScreenFloat is] an essential tool for anyone doing real work on a Mac." - tuaw.com
    "... my workflow greatly improved thanks to this simple, keyboard-based way to capture information visually and have it available all the time." - macstories.net

For all the latest news on ScreenFloat be sure to follow @eternalstorms on Twitter!

ScreenFloat is currently on sale for $7.99/€5.99 exclusively on the Mac App Store link.
    There's a 15 day trial available on the website.

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

Hi, Matthias.

Great job on the app, I love it.

Do you plan to expand the feature/functionality over time?

One thing that'd be nice to have is an auto-border/app detection.

3. m.gansrigler thread starter macrumors regular

m.gansrigler

Mikhail,

Thank you - I'm very glad you like it :)

Yes, I do plan to extend its functionality.

What exactly do you mean by auto-border/app detection?

4. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Would you consider posting promo codes for both app here please as it's impossible to get them on Twitter.

5. MikhailT macrumors 601

When I select around a specific part, it should detect that there is a box and resize the selection to fit it. For an example, if I select around the address bar of the Safari browser, it should automatically resize the selection to fit the address bar instead of where I select. Many other screenshot apps does this.

6. m.gansrigler thread starter macrumors regular

m.gansrigler

That sounds like a nice idea - made a note of it, thank you.

7. msabarsky macrumors newbie

Migration

Hi.

Can anyone tell me how to migrate all my pictures from one computer to another one? I just did a Clean Install and rather to do some things manually.

Thx

MS

8. m.gansrigler thread starter macrumors regular

m.gansrigler

Hi.

I'm sorry I'm only replying now - my apologies.
    All the shots are in /Users/yourname/Library/Containers/at.EternalStorms.ScreenFloat-appstore/
    Just move that folder to the same destination on your new install to transfer them over.

----------

Since the initial release, ScreenFloat has been updated quite a bit. I just wanted to give you a quick update.

ScreenFloat's shots browser has been improved a lot with auto-recognition of tags for tagging, performance improvements for larger collections, copy-paste, drag'n'drop.

The floating shots themselves can now be shared on OS X Mountain Lion on flickr, facebook, AirDrop and iMessage.
    The shots can be made semi-transparent for easier comparison between states of the work you're doing or just to make them less obtrusive.
    They can also be made larger than their original size, making it easier to read small text on them or get a better look at details.

A 15-day free trial can be downloaded from http://www.eternalstorms.at/ScreenFloat

ScreenFloat is available on the Mac App Store for $6.99 - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/screenfloat/id414528154?mt=12

9. m.gansrigler thread starter macrumors regular

m.gansrigler

Promo Codes

I posted 10 promo codes for your enjoyment here on MacRumors.