Mac App Store never opens. Please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tutiplain, Nov 8, 2011.

1. tutiplain macrumors member

Hi all,

I was all excited months ago when Apple announced that they would open an App Store for Mac applications. I downloaded the necessary updates using the MacBook Pro's update feature ("Search for updates" under the Apple symbol menu). I now have the App Store option added to that menu, but when I click on it, the only thing I see is a blank window with a message saying something like "if the app store doesn't open, click the iTunes icon". After waiting for a while and realizing that nothing is going to happen, I follow that advice and click on iTunes. On iTunes, I can download music and iOS apps, but I don't see links to the Mac App Store anywhere. Note that I am using OS X Snow Leopard. Am I missing something? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

3. tutiplain thread starter macrumors member

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Are you able to launch the MAS by clicking on the icon in the dock? iTunes has nothing to do with the Mac App Store, only the iOS App Store.

5. tutiplain thread starter macrumors member

I am attaching a screenshot of what I see when I click the Mac App Store icon (same as when accessed via Apple Menu). This screen never changes. So far, I've left it up for about ten minutes with no change. Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

6. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

I don't understand. Isn't it an advantage not having access to the Mac App Store? It stops crap software being installed onto your machine.

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

How odd. I don't know what's causing that – perhaps make another user account and see if the MAS works under that one.

Having it is an advantage. Even if you do have access, for one, you don't have to install anything, and for two, there are plenty of useful programs that I probably wouldn't have found without the MAS.