Mac App Store Purchase History

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jony Mac, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Jony Mac, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

Jony Mac macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

You know what I hate, is that I've downloaded a few free apps from the Mac App Store I ended up not liking. I dont like the fact you can't remove apps from your Purchase History. Sure it is a nice feature to have, but now each time I open it I see I have apps ready for "install".

Apple should give us the option (at least on free apps) to ignore those purchases. Anyone find a way around that?

I sent two emails to Apple asking about this as well as adding it to their feedback. This is really a poor feature IMO.

2. Jony Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

I'm not sure why..this is really bothering me. Ugh!

3. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I haven't tried this on my MBP but this weekend I picked up my first iPhone from AT&T, the $49 3GS version. Anyway, I downloaded a number of free App and also deleted a few. In the App store the ones I kept state 'installed' while the ones I removed still say 'free'.

I suspect that Lion will help wit all this when it is released this summer

4. Jony Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

Yes but if you go to the purchase tab of the Mac App Store it shows all of your purchases. I'd like the option to remove Apps from that list. The iOS Store keeps track of purchases but its really not visible.

Each time I open the Mac App store I'll see this purchase tab with a few apps showing that I can "install" them. I guess I can ignore this but I'd like the ability to just forget them.