Mac App Store (Purchases Tab)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hydralisk01, May 8, 2012.

1. hydralisk01 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I had iPhoto installed from when I got my laptop. Is it possible to get it show up in the purchases tab in the Mac App Store?

Trying to purchase it gives me:

"We could not complete your purchase
    iPhoto is already installed on this computer. Choose Software Update from the Apple menu to check for available updates."

2. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I'm not sure if some do this, but none of my previously purchased/downloaded apps show up as purchased in the App Store.

I think we'll just have to wait until iPhoto is updated again to see how it's all going to play out.

Just curious, do you happen to have a newer Mac that came with Lion? How would you reinstall iLife if you need to?

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

@hydralisk01: Unless you purchased iPhoto, iMovie, or GarageBand on another Mac or your computer shipped with Lion and the iLife apps preinstalled, no.

@davidg4781: iPhoto may be hidden. From the Store menu, choose to View My Account. Under iTunes in the Cloud, look for the phrase "You have hidden x item(s)" and then "View Hidden Purchases." Click Unhide next to the items you want to re-appear in Purchases. On computers that ship with Lion, the iLife applications do show up under Purchases, and can be reinstalled just like any on purchase fom the Mac App Store.

4. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

Neat, didn't know that was there!

Unfortunately, mine just shows Trillian and Kindle. Both of which I removed from my MacBook.

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Is it possible the "missing" applications were purchased under a different AppleID? Sign out from the Store menu and sign in with one the purchases may be under and check Purchases again.

6. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

Oh. Sorry, I had installed all these via discs. I kind of assumed the OP had to by his wording.