Mac App Store Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sethdanger1, Jan 30, 2011.

1. sethdanger1 macrumors newbie

I did a bit of a search and didn't find an answer. But I am sure its been asked or written somewhere that I missed.

Lets say I spend the $79.99 and download a App. Its now on my hard drive. What if my hard drive crashes? I buy a new computer? Can I switch my purchase to a new hard drive or a new computer? Thank you.

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

If this happens for the Mac App Store, then there is no issue because all your purchases are saved in your account and you can re-download them yourself.

If this happens for the iOS App Store, then you have to e-mail iTunes support and ask to re-download your purchases. iOS App Store does not directly store your purchases. It just stores your purchase history.

3. sethdanger1 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you

thank you neko girl for your help.

I did a search before I posted as i mentioned. I am guessing your search skills are better than mine. But thank you for the link, I won't ask anymore questions.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. I just posted a link to your answer.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

:confused: iTunes Music Store does this, but if you try to buy an app from the App Store you already purchased it'll just re-download it. I know I've deleted apps on my phone and redownloaded them just fine.

Not so for music/video.

B