Mac App Store refund... App disappears from Purchased list, but app still installable

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WolfSnap, Jan 7, 2014.

1. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

Strange thing.. I asked for, and got a refund on a Mac App. The purchase was removed from my purchased list (as I expected), but the app still shows the 'Install' button -- allowing fresh downloads/installs -- even after the refund.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is this a bug? Is this just the way MAS works? Kinda odd behavior IMHO.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've noticed the same thing; the install button still shows up. I haven't tried clicking it though.

3. bobright macrumors 601

Can somebody tell me more about getting refunded how's it work? I purchased Tweetbot 2 from the Mac app store and it's giving me permission denied errors. Tapbots is giving me the run around it looks like ive heard one response from them all week to simply reboot my Mac and it didn't fix anything. I'm ready to push for a refund have not heard back from them at all. Does the rerun have to be by them? Or can I contact the Mac app store for help?

4. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

Email App support and they will process the refund based on the app store rules. They did that for me for an app that kept crashing.

Nermal - that seems to be the default. yo can no longer buy the app but install it if you wanted.