Mac App Store refund... App disappears from Purchased list, but app still installable

WolfSnap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
Strange thing.. I asked for, and got a refund on a Mac App. The purchase was removed from my purchased list (as I expected), but the app still shows the 'Install' button -- allowing fresh downloads/installs -- even after the refund.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is this a bug? Is this just the way MAS works? Kinda odd behavior IMHO.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've noticed the same thing; the install button still shows up. I haven't tried clicking it though.

Comment

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Can somebody tell me more about getting refunded how's it work? I purchased Tweetbot 2 from the Mac app store and it's giving me permission denied errors. Tapbots is giving me the run around it looks like ive heard one response from them all week to simply reboot my Mac and it didn't fix anything. I'm ready to push for a refund have not heard back from them at all. Does the rerun have to be by them? Or can I contact the Mac app store for help?

Comment

jlc1978

macrumors 68030
Aug 14, 2009
Email App support and they will process the refund based on the app store rules. They did that for me for an app that kept crashing.

Nermal - that seems to be the default. yo can no longer buy the app but install it if you wanted.

Comment