Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
I did post this question on the AppleSeed forums but got no response.

For some time I have had a notification show up on my 2018 Mac mini that is running Mojave, macOS 10.14.6. It says it is for a GM release candidate of El Capitan. I have never enrolled this Mac in AppleSeed although I did migrate from a 2013 Mac Pro, also running Mojave, that had been enrolled at one time but wasn't at the time I set up this Mac & migrated. I was enrolled in the El Capitan seeds at one time. The oddest thing about this update that can't be installed is that this Mac can't run anything older than Mojave, macOS 10.14 (18A2063). I have downloaded & installed the beta access utility & then unenrolled this Mac. I have 2 other Macs, including the 2013 Mac Pro, that are running Mojave & they don't get this notification. Clicking *UPDATE* fails & says the update isn't available.

I have tried Terminal commands to ignore it & it will disappear briefly but will come back the next time I launch the Mac App Store. I just want to make it go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.