Mac App Store um, popularity?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Gregg2, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Gregg2 macrumors 603

It seems that the Mac Applications and Mac App Store forum is being dominated by the latter. Either it's really popular, or people are having lots of problems with it. In any case, when does a forum get split, or "spun-off"? I'm usually here twice a day, and new posts run over onto a second page now, whereas not so distantly, that never happened.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I can understand the newness of the Mac App Store generating an unusually high number of threads for a while. Hopefully it will calm down after a while, although obviously threads about the Mac App Store itself will continue at a higher level than before. I'd be happy if all the threads about newly downloaded games would get moved to the Mac and PC Games forum, where they belong. That would help! I think the line between that forum and the Mac and the Mac Applications and Mac App Store forum is being blurred, with developers promoting game apps on the latter.

[BUG] Angry Birds for Mac (skip level)
    Mac App Store keeps prompting me to update Angry Birds
    proof of concpt for a web-based cam dancing game (uses flash, javascript, and safari)
    Angry Birds for Mac = Nice
    Resources in Angry Birds
    Angry Birds UK ?

I wish they'd get the flock out of here! :D

3. Gregg2 thread starter macrumors 603

Apparently we're in the minority on this.
    I think it's a misfeature of the forum, causing much lossage. ;)

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Surely you can't believe that your post and someone's counter to your opinion be a sign that you're in the minority. The response is one opinion and not a majority vote. :rolleyes:

Let the Mac App store news die down and see where it lands.

5. Gregg2 thread starter macrumors 603

Counter? The reply was pretty much in sync with my post. My subsequent reply was merely a comment on how no one else had chimed in. Obviously, one cannot base a true statistical analysis on two posts. (or three)

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

... unless it just happens to be the two (or three) most important opinions in the forum! :D

7. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I agree....I think app store threads should be split into their own sub-forum...it's hard to tell the wheat from the chaff the way it is now.

8. Gregg2 thread starter macrumors 603

...the minority grows, or is it a "Silent Majority"?