Mac App Store update notification for an app that I do not have

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hustler1337, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hi,

For the past 2 years or so, I've constantly had an update notification in the Mac App Store application for an application that I do not have, or have ever installed, on my machine nor have ever purchased under my Apple ID.

The application is called "Nyan Cat: Lost in Space"

[​IMG]

When I try to click the 'Update' button, in the hope it'll just disappear, I get these two messages:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been searching around on Google and have tried re-indexing Spotlight but the Nyan Cat app keeps re-appearing after some time.

It's just something thats been bothering me every time I see it for the last couple of years but I can never get rid of that pesky cat with rainbows coming out of it's rear-end every time I try to.

Would appreciate it if anyone can help me exterminate that not-so-innocent cat.

Thanks!

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

did you try : right click, "Hide Update" ?

3. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hi,

where do I right-click? Nothing appears when I right click on the app's icon, the description or the 'update' button. I can't see anything on the menu either

Thanks!

4. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

5. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Ah ok, I just tried it with an OS X update notification and the hide option is there but not with the Nyan Cat app :(

Thanks for your help though ;)

6. blipmusic macrumors regular