Mac App Store Update Won't Go Away

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CyberOpus, Jun 1, 2011.

1. CyberOpus macrumors newbie

CyberOpus

Hello everyone. I downloaded Autodesk Sketchbook Express awhile back, not too long after the App Store was included in the Software Update.

I never really used it, so I dragged it to the "Trash" and emptied it. Recently, the App Store started telling me I have an update available for it, but I no longer have the app installed and don't want to have it, so there's no need to update.

Is there a way I can remove this update from showing?

2. CyberOpus thread starter macrumors newbie

CyberOpus

Sorry for bumping, but *bump*
    I really just need an answer if anybody knows.

3. SkippyScud macrumors member

A roundabout way, but you could reinstall it and use an app cleaner or similar to remove it. Odds are it left a file somewhere that it checks for versions.

4. CyberOpus, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011

CyberOpus thread starter macrumors newbie

CyberOpus

Thanks, I'll give it a try. :)

EDIT: Sadly, this didn't work. :(

5. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

You could just let Software Update do whatever the heck it wants to do and then it will/should leave you alone, at least even if the update doesn't have any useful effect. If it fails (because there's nothing there to update) or keeps coming back, I'd contact Apple and report it as a bug and see what they say in their reply.

6. CyberOpus thread starter macrumors newbie

CyberOpus

All right, will do. Thanks.

7. ryanpcmcquen macrumors newbie

This worked for me!

I had a similar problem, with deleted apps constantly showing up in updates, even after updating them! Most forums said, delete all instances of the app and reinstall (which did not work), other forums said I had a pirated Angry Birds (which I did not).

After giving up for a while, I signed out of the Mac App Store and signed back in, and VOILA, no more updates I've already deleted/updated. I hope this works for everyone else!