Mac App Store Updates Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ablack774, Sep 5, 2011.

1. ablack774 macrumors member

I have recently been having trouble downloading updates. I opened Sparrow and it said that an update was available, as usual I went to the Mac App Store and went to the updates tab. However it said that No Updates Were Availiable. I then clicked on the Purchases tab and Update was there on the button next to sparrow.

When I click the update button an error message comes up saying "You have updates available for other accounts. To update this application, sign into the account you used to purchase it."

I am logged in to the app store using my only Apple ID (used to purchase Sparrow and the other Apps) and have tried logging out and back in again but nothing has changed.

If anyone can help me that would be great! Thanks in advance.:)

2. ufkdo macrumors 6502

I faced the exact same issue several months ago. Have you recently changed any information on your account? This may cause some kind of error with receipt files in sparrow.app (or whatever other app).

Solution is easy. Uninstall the app by dragging to trash then re-download most recent version from MAS using purchased tab. Enjoy.

3. AsterixGM macrumors newbie

Try disconnecting any external drives you have then try again.