Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Hi,

Yes. I have Mac App Store woes because my previously purchased apps doesn't show in list of purchased apps. Example is the nag/cookie blocker called for Safari called Hush and the ad blocker for Safari called 1Blocker.

The scenario is that at some point I was using macOS Mojave and Hush doesn't work with Mojave. So I hid it, since not being able to use Hush. I didn't intend to move back to Big Sur.

So, now i'm on Big Sur again.. the better choice right now for me. Hush doesn't show anywhere in my list of purchased apps on either the Mac or my iPhone. Not even 1Blocker that I know I've used previously..

My question is now.. What the actual is going on?

I mean, first it was the Mac App Store that wouldn't let me see my Hidden Purchases at all because "Cannot connect to App Store" ?‍♂️

The latter issue mentioned has since been fixed, but I am still concerned over Hush and 1Blocker.

To add to injury, if I search for Hush and also 1Blocker in the Mac App Store - the application(s) will show up as "GET" but it will never appear in my overview of purchased apps that you see when clicking on your logged in account down-most left side of the Mac App Store window..

Do I really have to install Mojave to try and resolve this matter that way? That just struck me as a possible solution while typing this comment. What's YOUR thoughts?

I can however buy new items and these show up fine..like the recent Stellar Reddit app.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Had something like that happen to me a few years back and Apple support reset all the hidden purchases in the MAS/iTunes/App Store/etc.
Ah.. well - I didn't reveal that I had already gotten an e-mail from Apple Support about this.. I couldn't type it all in 250 characters so the answer that came back probably reflected that.

Apple doesn't have the ability to restore these types of purchases for you. If you weren't able to restore your purchases by following the steps above, I recommend contacting the app's developer. The app developers are the best resource in these situations because they can investigate the issue with their tools.
To learn how to contact the app's developer, see this page
*lists website*

Did you ring them up back then or was it done via e-mail? I could try giving Apple Denmark a call tomorrow. I'll try and install Mojave to try and get it fixed that way - if at all.

Thank you for your answer, Jessica.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Did you look under your account information in App Store? Was not clear.

App Store, click on you lower left, View Information upper-right, provide Apple ID credentials, then "Manage" next to "Hidden Items".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.