Mac App Store won't open; Can't update from DP1 :(

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by slimpaul, Jul 21, 2013.

1. slimpaul macrumors member

Hey,

I've tried looking for a solution but haven't found anything on this particular matter. I'm currently running Mavericks DP1 and my app store just won't open, and trying to perform software update from the toolbar won't work either. The app store worked previously, so I have no idea what really happened. Tried rebooting my computer several times. Help greatly appreciated!!

Paul

2. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Quit the Mac App Store if it's open. From the menu bar App Store / Quit App Store. Or Command + Q on your keyboard.

Launch iTunes then from the iTunes menu bar click iTunes / Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Click: Reset warnings and Reset cache.

Now from the iTunes menu bar click Store / Sign Out.

Try the Mac App Store.

If you still have problems, follow the paths here. 

~ (Tilde) represents your Home folder.

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore/Cache.db. Move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

~/Library/Preferences. Move the com.apple.appstore.plist and com.apple.storeagent.plist files to the Trash.

~/Library/Cookies. Move the com.apple.appstore.plist and Cookies.plist files to the Trash.

Restart your Mac. Try the MAS.

3. slimpaul thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for trying to help. I didn't find the first cache file. I've removed the rest but it didn't help :(

4. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Have you rebooted and emptied the recycle bin?

5. slimpaul thread starter macrumors member

Yup.

6. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

What? Crazy windows hippies! We don't have no stinking "recycle bin" here, we use a "trash can" on the Mac!

7. brentpeters macrumors newbie

I am facing the same problem and I have no such folder "com.apple.appstore" in ~/Library/Caches.

Any ideas?

:apple: