Mac App Store won't verify Billing info.....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SeaOtter, Mar 9, 2011.

1. SeaOtter macrumors newbie

and therefor will not download any apps.

I've logged into the App Store with my account and have visually verified that all my billing information is correct and present. But, when I try to purchase, say Aperture, I get the usual "You sure you wanna buy this.." message, followed by the "Provide your login and click the Billing button...".

When I submit my password and click "Billing", nothing happens. No error. No screen change to the Account Info screen. No recent purchases. Nothing.

Anyone have ideas?

I did a search for this issue here and on the Mac support site, but didn't see this specific problem. Hopefully, I'm not wasting space with this request.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. liliha macrumors newbie

Same problem

Just noting that I'm having the same problem. It's my first attempt at using the App Store for Mac. Would really like to download FaceTime.

3. SeaOtter thread starter macrumors newbie

I finally was able to figure it out on my own, quite by accident I'll say. So hopefully my solution works for you.

In my situation the computer was new to me and, for that reason I had a fresh load of all software.

Although I was able to and had logged into the Mac App store with my Apple login and ID and was able to viusally verify that all my billing info was there and correct, it seems that I needed to first login in via iTunes which I had not done at the time of starting this thread.

Once I'd logged into iTunes with that same Apple ID, I was able to go back to the Mac App store and go thru the purchasing process without a hitch.

I hope this solution works for you.

4. NeoMac macrumors regular

NeoMac

I have had this happen on several machines I own. This is what I found out. Once you get the message to review billing information click on the button that says edit billing. Go into the credit card info and make sure you enter your credit card CIV. It's that three of four digit code on the back of you credit card. Once I did this the store verified my account info and I was able to purchase my software. I hope this helps.

5. Howielee macrumors newbie

Yeah, same with me. All you need to do is update your billing info to include the verification code on the back of your card. Bingo!:)