Mac app that sends a notification/email whenever someone uses your Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by moonman239, Dec 9, 2014.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I'm kind of a control freak. I always want to know who wants to use my devices and why. When I do let people use my devices, I sometimes say, "OK, but you have x minutes and you have to give it back when I say so; no 'buts.'"

Having said that, can anyone recommend an app I can install on my Mac that will notify me whenever someone, other than myself, uses it? Some information that would help me figure out what they're doing would be a bonus, but I can always get that info by contacting whoever's using my Mac.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Are they logging into a different User Account than yours?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You have a unique concept of control freak. The only purpose of having the information that you are interested in gathering is to confront people who are close to you in some way in a dispute over use of your computer.

You don't need to fight those close to you and you don't need third-party software to do the job properly. If you like to lend out your computer to friends and family, then create a managed account for that purpose. Then you can prevent them from editing your data, changing your settings, or running applications that you don't want run.