Mac application bundles

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by solaris7, Apr 16, 2008.

1. solaris7 macrumors regular

Hello everyone, I finally received the activation e-mail (so this is my first post, YAY!). I was wondering how often these mac software application bundles are released (like the MacUpdate and MacHeist bundles). I am asking this because, I intend to buy a macbook in the coming months (after the rumored update), and want to be able to purchase one of these bundles online.:rolleyes:

2. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I think around 2-3 times a year, not sure about the specific times though.

3. solaris7 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

There's no fixed time, but Island Dog's estimate is good.

5. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I would say if you are for sure getting a macbook in the near future, and on of these bundles looks good to you, buy it now, and save all the licenses until you get your macbook

6. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Yeah, I know the MacHeist bundle is always around the first or second month of the year, but as the other poster said, you can buy now and save the licenses.

7. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

The current MacHeist bundle is a "Best of" collection from the previous two bundles. Per the MH directorate in their online forums, this retail bundle will be available for about a year online and, potentially, in some retail stores. Some of the apps may be changed during the year, but by and large you will have plenty of time to buy the bundle. I wouldn't recommend rushing into buying just yet. Get the Macbook first, play around with it and gauge your needs. From there make an educated decision as to whether the apps in the bundle will actually fit your needs and be useful to you. While you will not likely use all 12 apps regularly, if you are not getting at least some use out of 3-4 apps (minimum) then it likely wasn't worth the purchase price for you versus buying the apps directly from the developer.

The MH directorate has also referenced a MH III coming "later this year", presumably with a new bundle of apps No more specific timeframe was given. It wouldn't surprise me if it coincided with either back-to-school promos or the Christmas/holiday season. I would also guess that Macupdate will do another one later this year, too, but that is only a guess. hat would most likely be a November/December bundle, too.