Mac Applications crashing!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by manmeet, Jun 23, 2009.

1. manmeet macrumors member

I have a macbook 10.5.2 and I used microsoft office 2008 and my mother asked me to do my brother's HW there so I went to the option view and then click on drawing toolbar and when I clicked the application did not respond so I force quit it!
    The other time when I used it, it said the application microsoft word quit unexpectedly so I clicked relaunch then the same message came! So I downloaded the latest Microsoft office( 12.1.9) then tried to install it but it did not installed, please tell what to do!

2. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

3. kitsune17717 macrumors newbie

your problem is very hard to pinpoint so I can't give you a very good answer in terms of making microsoft word work again. Microsoft software is, as you might have heard already, quite buggy at times ;)

May I suggest using openoffice? It's more stable than word, and it's completely free! It's a definite must in a smart apple-user's software arsenal.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Why have you still running such an old version of Leopard. Software Update will update your OS to the latest version of Leopard (currently MacOS X 10.5.7) free of charge. Also, Microsoft's Microsoft AutoUpdate should update your installation of Office to the latest version.

On other fronts--in my experience, it is better to allow the app to crash completely when it crashes. I then relaunch manually. Relaunching from the crash dialog box seems not to work so well.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Update your computer to 10.5.7. Nobody has any reason to help you unless you do this.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Yup. Exactly.

Install all updates. Contact MS for support.

Also learn to use sentences.

7. manmeet thread starter macrumors member

my macbook is not running good games!

Sometimes I think that people don't give replies to our answer, however let's look to the point, I purchased lugaru and run it on my mac 10.5.2 and please don't ask why don't you update to 10.5.7 because I have downloaded many thing this month so I will update it next month so whenever I switch on my notebook the game automatically ran so I went to the options and changed something but the problem was not solved and when I quit the games by keyboard shortcut( command+q) it crashed and when I relaunched it, the same message came, the same thing is happening to my Microsoft Office and I am not able to do anything...
    Visitors to my question please tell what to do in a simple language and thanks in advance!
    See you later with my new question!
    M Paul!

8. raygungirl macrumors member

raygungirl

9. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Ummmm... What?

It's highly recommended that you update ASAP! Sometimes the update fixes the problem.

10. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Maybe you will understand this better.

hi please update your computer to the latest version of leopard because if you arent running the latest version of leopard it will be hard for others to reproduce the problem you claim to be having and therefore wont be able to help you at all so instead of telling us you will update to the latest version next month just do it now by following the instructions given by MisterMe so we can help you solve the problems of your microsoft office crashes!
    We wait for your poorly worded run-on response so when you are ready to discuss your problem with os x 10.5.7 and not 10.5.2 please let us know. thanks in advance!
    see you later!

11. Sweep'n Streets macrumors member

12. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

In general I agree with what you are saying.
    However, have you given thought to the fact that a lot of Macrumors user actually come from countries where English is not spoken as a first language?

So please tone down your response.

13. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes I have. If you had come to the thread earlier, you would note that instead of even trying to clarify his situation he copy/pasted an earlier post verbatim as a response to why he wasn't installing the OS patch. Sympathy goes to zero in that case.

Also I assume that since the OP is writing in English he/she has some understanding of the language. It's not that things like sentences are specific to English, either. And lastly, there is no good reason for the OP to be running 10.5.2 which came out over a year ago if memory serves me right.

14. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

Ok, I see your reasons, however I think it does not help the case...