Mac April Fool - backfired?

tobism

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
Hey all,

I was looking for a good Mac April Fool to play on my fellow Mac users, so I downloaded this "Apple Burn Alert Notifier." It seemed like nothing happened, so I went back to work. A few minutes later, my whole screen reversed colors! Needless to say I started to panic, looking for a cure. A few minutes later, it reverted back.

My question is, did the download do this or was this another April Fool that I inadvertently downloaded? Someone mentioned a common "black on white" April Fool but I don't know about it. Was this it?

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
tobism said:
Hey all,

I was looking for a good Mac April Fool to play on my fellow Mac users, so I downloaded this "Apple Burn Alert Notifier." It seemed like nothing happened, so I went back to work. A few minutes later, my whole screen reversed colors! Needless to say I started to panic, looking for a cure. A few minutes later, it reverted back.

My question is, did the download do this or was this another April Fool that I inadvertently downloaded? Someone mentioned a common "black on white" April Fool but I don't know about it. Was this it?
It sounds like you've been had. :p

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Does someone have the ability to connect to your computer remotely. They connect, hit the key strokes once, then twice, log off your computer..

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
This will only work if they have a tray loading drive...

Copy and paste this to an Applescript, save it as an application, and add it to their startup menu items.

Code:
repeat
         drutil tray eject
         drutil tray close
end repeat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.