Mac as Bluetooth Headset?

tonistarks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Hello anyone,

How can I use the bluetooth connection on my macbook to work as a headset for my iphone? Basically I want to use the speaker and microphone to act as a handsfree device for my iphone. Anybody aware of any apps or whether this is even possible?

thanks.

jck1634

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2009
Check out an app called Bluephoneelite

Check to see if your phone is compatible first. It basically hooks your phone to your Mac via bluetooth.

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
Check out an app called Bluephoneelite

Check to see if your phone is compatible first. It basically hooks your phone to your Mac via bluetooth.
Used to love this pre-iPhone, not for bluetooth calling, but for texting. You could text all day and it looked like you were working.:) Unfortunately this doesn't work with the iphone, but the calling part does.

tonistarks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
thanks, one more ques

That looks like a useful app. It only supports voice for iphone 3G, but its all I was looking for, however its a bit pricey for just providing voice.

My question now becomes a bit more complex...if I have this bluetooth voice feature activated can I simultaneously use USB tethering? Currently if I have USB and Bluetooth on at the same time while tethering is activated both are used as an internet gateway.

Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.