Mac Auto-Logs Out

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by skookie5, Apr 13, 2011.

1. skookie5 macrumors newbie

Jan 30, 2009
    Please, PLEASE help me....

So I was writing an essay for two hours straight, constant typing, and to my happiness (*sarcasm*) my Mac (15 inch MBPro, mid 2010) logs me out automatically with no warning. When I logged back in all that remained of my hard work was the first sentence of my essay.

Once I had finished yelling various swears at my Mac, I realized I need help to figure out why this is happening.

I say happening because this is in fact the 3rd time my mac has done this. But those times I was just on the web etc etc

At first I googled it, and all I got back from my searching was that my computer was 'probably idle' and auto logged off. 2 problems with that theory: 1. I wasn't idle a second of that 2 hours and 2. When I checked to see if the setting was on (in security), it was not.

Therefore, I ask you, humble MacRumor forum poster, to PLEASE help out another mac enthusiast who doesn't want to spend another 4 more hours writing an essay I will lose half way through writing.

2. MacForScience macrumors 6502

Sep 7, 2010
    Did you run disk utility?

Did you check the console logs to see if any entries were made at the time of the unexpected log-off?