.mac backup

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
If I use the .mac backup utility 3.0 to backup my home directory to an external HD (pictures, movies, music, etc...). Is that all that I need to restore my files to Leopard when I do a Erase install? I use all the iLife08 stuff in default (iTunes, iPhoto, iWeb, iMovie, etc...)

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
If I use the .mac backup utility 3.0 to backup my home directory to an external HD (pictures, movies, music, etc...). Is that all that I need to restore my files to Leopard when I do a Erase install? I use all the iLife08 stuff in default (iTunes, iPhoto, iWeb, iMovie, etc...)
Yup but is there is a reason you don't want to do Archive&Install instead? You get the benefits of a clean system install + it can just automatically save your home folder and bring it back to the new install. Are you short on disk space?

Comment

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Yup but is there is a reason you don't want to do Archive&Install instead? You get the benefits of a clean system install + it can just automatically save your home folder and bring it back to the new install. Are you short on disk space?
No I am not short on disk I just thought I would backup first then restore. I am new to this OS X upgrade business.

Comment

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
No I am not short on disk I just thought I would backup first then restore. I am new to this OS X upgrade business.
Gotcha. I think the backup idea is a good one, but during the upgrade, try the Archive & Install or Upgrade first and see if everything goes well - if so, you won't need to restore anything.

Comment