Mac Bags and Protection

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Motokid, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Motokid macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I just bought my first mac yesterday (a macbook pro 17inch) and it should be here Friday :D

I'm now looking into buying things to keep it in top condition. First, I was looking at bags. I found one that I liked, but it doesn't fit 17 inch laptops (STM Loft) Does anyone know of another bag that isn't bulky (maybe even less than the loft if possible), with a shoulder strap, and vertical? And of course keep the laptop safe!

Also, I saw screen protectors and things like that. Are any of these necessary? And which company sells the best quality protection items like that (keyboard cover, palm rest type things)

Thank you! :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Depend on how clumsy you are and/or how much you care about things like dust, glare, etc.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Speck and Incase make good body protectors, which will ward off exterior scratches and help retain the resale value (condition is everything with macs).

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

The best sleeves are made by waterfield. Check out their site at www.sfbags.com
    they are also made in the USA. I have one and have compared it to the offerings at the apple store, best buy, and frys electronics.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Personally, I believe that most, if not all laptop bags from a decent bag company will provide you with all the protection you need. :)

The biggest difference will be in terms of looks and internal size. I had the STM Loft you're I interested in, and while photos do not do it justice, there weren't enough small pockets for my liking.

Check out Booq.

6. chill. macrumors 6502

i would just recommend a sleeve, it is more than enough protection. just use your existing bag

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The best sleeve I've ever seen for a MBP is the booq Vyper. Great looks, superior protection!

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid