Mac Beachballs After Sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ieani, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

I am having a recurring problem where after waking my macbook pro (2Ghz, 2GB RAM 100GB HD) many programs will incessantly beach-ball for any operation. For example in Pages everytime I typed it lagged, beachballed and then showed the text. When I right clicked to fix a spelling error it beachballed before showing the menu. While this was happening I had 55% of my CPU free and 800MB of RAM free. A restart fixes it everytime but im not sure whats causing it in the first place.

I know macbook pros have some issues with WPA networks, which I am on. Could this be affecting it?

I welcome any ideas.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You mention CPU cycles and RAM. Use Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder to sort All Processes and see if there's a specific one not responding or using up a lot of your resources. I doubt it's the WPA network at this stage although you could disconnect to test it. Do you have any peripherals plugged in or connected? :)

3. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

It seems to be a problem with Safari and/or a plug-in I had been using. I just went back to firefox and when I have time will try and figure out which of the two was causing the problem.