Mac Beginner's Guide

Discussion in 'Mac Guides' started by Diatribe, Nov 21, 2005.

1. christinafanjin macrumors newbie

beginner

This is the first time that I have ever sent my post ! If any one would like to guide me in using mac rumors .I 'd like to accept !:eek:

2. dan the mac macrumors newbie

that guide was really helpful thanks so much!:D

3. christinafanjin macrumors newbie

hello!my friend

I 'm new here ! I want to make friends with you ,if you don't mind ,please contact with me !

4. christinafanjin macrumors newbie

hello!my friend

I 'm new here ! I want to make friends with you ,if you don't mind ,please contact with me !:p

5. macla macrumors newbie

great, that definitely helpful to newbie like me. :)

6. Pukey macrumors 6502

Pukey

First, thanks for the Beginner's Guide and for this thread Diatribe.
    So, this is the best place I can think of to post this question before I start a new thread. My situation is I just ordered an new 17" Penryn MBP High-Res matte. My question (which I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread about before, but can't seem to find it) is what are all the things I need to check to make sure my computer is in proper order before the 14 day return period is up?
    And thanks!

EDIT: The thermal paste issue is one I'm pretty concerned about especially considering I'm not particularly tech-minded and would be very afraid to take apart my computer.

7. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Your best bet is to open a new thread if you want more opinions but in any case the only thing I always check is for dead pixels. The rest is not necessary IMO.
    The new Penryns don't get that hot anyway so you'll be ok.

8. Pukey macrumors 6502

Pukey

Thanks Diatribe. I might consider starting a thread after doing a little more searching. I've heard the Penryn MBPs are supposed to run cooler. However on this thread I notice particularly in posts 218 and 220:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5192334&postcount=218
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5193260&postcount=220
    that even the Penryns seem to run hot albeit cooler than the Meroms apparently. On the other hand I'm not sure what arbitrary/ideal temp the people on that thread are expecting their MBP to run at.