Mac Blackberry Users Rejoice: RIM Promisses New Mac Tools

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nylon, Sep 18, 2008.

1. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.1 PWNed): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

And this is in the iPhone forum because ... ?

3. nylon thread starter macrumors 6502a

nylon

Admittedly, I thought it would gain more traction here. There are a lot of synergies between the two devices. And until now, as a mac user, I have been annoyed at the lack of support for OSX by RIM. That's why I switched to the iPhone. iPhone is causing a lot of mobile providers to pluck up their ears and notice the power of the OSX mobile platform and therefore OSX users. Competition benefits us in the end.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It is about time RIMM showed some love to Mac users.

5. Evev12 macrumors regular

I completely agree and I'm in the same boat. If it helps put you at ease at all, as I've mentioned in other posts - a number of my coworkers and friends had the same apprehensions but decided to make the change and said it was more seamless than anticipated (though it does depend on your concerns). I would make the change but I have a funny attraction to touchscreens - I also would like to hold out for the Storm, Nokia Tube and Androids. Thanks for the info though - good to know!

6. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Big reason I switch off my Curve today. RIM's sync program just never worked.