Mac Blue Screen with Black Lines

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by kousha, Jan 5, 2014.

1. kousha, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014

kousha macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My computer became super slow after I installed Mavericks on it. I ran Disk Utility on it, and it said that my hard drive was corrupted. So I ordered a new HD and also re-installed the OS just so that I could use the computer (as it was becoming impossible to use).

Yesterday, I was using my computer and suddenly, the computer screen was all messed up (don't know how to describe it, but there were vertical black lines and the screen was moved all over). I restarted the computer, and everything worked fine.

Again this morning same thing happened. But when I restarted the computer, the computer would pass the apple logo, but then freeze on the grey screen. I held down option to go into recovery, but that brings up a blue screen with black lines (such as this one http://i.imgur.com/NISTq9i.jpg). I went into Single-User mode, and ran the fsck -fy as well as fixed the permissions. I also reset the PRAM. This helped the computer boot once again, but it froze again.

Now the same thing happens (blue screen on the recovery, and grey on the normal), and the single user fix doesn't do anything.

Note, my computer is a MacBook Pro from Early 2011
    Please tell me it is just the hard drive and not the logic board...

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. kousha thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a MacBook Pro from Early 2011

----------

I am running the HardWare memory test at the moment. The quick test returned the 4MEM (memory error). I am running an extended test now. Could the blue screen be because of faulty RAMs?

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. kousha thread starter macrumors newbie

6. sujen macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I also have the exact same problem. Did you find any workarounds? Any pointers will be of much help.

Thanks

7. keithos27 macrumors regular

I am having the same issue, except I don't have any 3rd party RAM. Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15".

8. yjchua95 macrumors 604

One word: Radeongate.

It's just a coincidence that you got bummed by Radeongate upon an OS upgrade.

9. Mike92 macrumors newbie