Mac Book Air does not power on at all

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by R19690301, Sep 25, 2012.

1. R19690301 macrumors newbie

Help if possible. My daughter has a Mac Book Air that is 3 and a half months old ( hence out of warranty ). She used it this morning and it was fine. She put it away and about an hour later she went to use it again and it would not power on at all. No lights, no motor sound no nothing!! DEAD!! Also we tried plugging the charger to the wall as perhaps we thought it was low on power before (she assured me it was not) and then we attached the magnetic charger that the Mac Air now comes with to the port and there was no green LED light that normally comes on to indicate charging is actually taking place. Does anyone have any ideas on what might have happened or perhaps a fix. This was a gift to my daughter and no extended warranty was purchased so when I called apple they said they could probably trouble shoot it over the phone but it would cost me a minimum of $199 in extended warranty before I could be transferred to the tech dept. I have tried to power it on via holding certain keys down simultaneously like certain google fixes suggest but to no avail.
    HELP PLEASE

Thanks

2. brohan711, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

brohan711 macrumors newbie

3. R19690301 thread starter macrumors newbie

It was bought as a gift for my daughter from The Apple Store in the USA

----------

Thanks for your help. I did not think about Applecare when she got this as a gift to be honest with you. The guy on the phone earlier offered me all the warranty options starting at $199 for 1 year. I am going to make an appointment with the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store here in Baltimore Md.

----------

I understand exactly now about the 1 year limited warranty which i initially thought about and then got thrown off by the 3 month over the phone tech support part of it.