Mac Book Fan Trouble

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by raquel2010, Oct 27, 2010.

1. raquel2010 macrumors newbie

My Mac Book just started with a loud fan noise, I turned it off, the computer does not feel hot at all, turned it on again and the noise is still there. The computer is about 2 months old.

Any suggestions?

2. Helmutek macrumors newbie

Use your warranty...

If it's only two months old, I doubt that you have a lot of dust on the fan blades causing the noise... so since you're well within the 90-day phone support I'd call apple, or schedule an appointment with the genius bar.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Are your fans really loud all the time or are they just loud briefly when you start up the computer? If the latter, that is pretty normal :D However, if they are loud all the time you should see apple - as you are still under full warrenty.

4. raquel2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fan Trouble

Well, it's never been noisy before. I'll turn it on, it won't be that bad and then it just starts making noise and won't stop. I'll try to call Apple if this keeps up!

Thank you!

5. raquel2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

42 C - MAC Temperature

I downloaded the software and the MAC temperature is at 42C. Should I be concerned?

6. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

No, if you're either running very few programs or doing nothing I wouldn't be concerned with those temperatures. My MacBook runs at about the same when I'm just running Safari or a few other things.

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

The temp is no worry, but for the fans: Have you tried a SMC reset?

8. raquel2010 thread starter macrumors newbie