Mac book monitor sticking

Gilgolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
When i try to close the monitor of my MPB 13' it clicks in the hinge area like its sticking when i close it, i also feel tention which is released. It sounds like I am breaking it and it does it several times when I close it. When it is closed and I go to the back the black part of the hinge wiggles from side to side. Any advice or ways to fix it???

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
My sister's MacBook Pro did that. Take it in to the Genius Bar and have them look at it, they replaced her display without too much hassle.

Gilgolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
nope haven't dropped it recently and how long does warranty last? No i didn't buy it with any support and i bought it last fall. Does it cost to take it in?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
nope haven't dropped it recently and how long does warranty last? No i didn't buy it with any support and i bought it last fall. Does it cost to take it in?
The standard Apple warranty lasts one year, beginning on the day of purchase.

You can buy additional Apple Care to add two years to the one year, to have three years of Apple support.

You can take it to any Apple Store or Apple Authorised Store that offers repairs and they will take a look at it. If the problem is not caused by you (or any other non-Apple party), they will most likely fix it for free.
www.apple.com/applecare

Gilgolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
sweet thanks, the problem has kinda been on and off but if it persists i will definitely take it into the new apple store that just opened and get it checked