Mac book monitor sticking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gilgolf, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Gilgolf macrumors newbie

When i try to close the monitor of my MPB 13' it clicks in the hinge area like its sticking when i close it, i also feel tention which is released. It sounds like I am breaking it and it does it several times when I close it. When it is closed and I go to the back the black part of the hinge wiggles from side to side. Any advice or ways to fix it???

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Has it fallen down recently?

Do you still have warranty or Apple Care?

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

My sister's MacBook Pro did that. Take it in to the Genius Bar and have them look at it, they replaced her display without too much hassle.

4. Gilgolf thread starter macrumors newbie

nope haven't dropped it recently and how long does warranty last? No i didn't buy it with any support and i bought it last fall. Does it cost to take it in?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The standard Apple warranty lasts one year, beginning on the day of purchase.

You can buy additional Apple Care to add two years to the one year, to have three years of Apple support.

You can take it to any Apple Store or Apple Authorised Store that offers repairs and they will take a look at it. If the problem is not caused by you (or any other non-Apple party), they will most likely fix it for free.
    www.apple.com/applecare

6. Gilgolf thread starter macrumors newbie

sweet thanks, the problem has kinda been on and off but if it persists i will definitely take it into the new apple store that just opened and get it checked

7. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

For clarification, this is true only within the first year.

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yep, you can only buy Apple Care within the first year. After the first year expired, you're out of luck (but some had the luck and could buy it up to a week after the original one-year warranty expired).