Mac book or Pro ???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by godevil1982, Jun 7, 2009.

1. godevil1982 macrumors newbie

hi.. i want to buy a Mac book.. but i am not able to understand which one i should buy.. the purpose is just gaming, doing my office work and other recreational activities like.. watching movies.. editing phots.. etc.. so can you let me know which Mac book should i buy...

I like mac book white... so the performance of Mac book pro.. higher or too much higher than Mac book White ??? If i run application like Aperture.. can Mac book white be able to run smoothly without being slow ???

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the mb can run games but not as well as the mbp.....however the mbp costs a pretty penny more

im have always been partial to the mb

3. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

Gaming on a 13" screen is no fun

Are you planning on buying an external monitor?

4. godevil1982 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

i say go with th 2.4 macbook as performance is near that of 15" mbp 2.4
    only difference is the dedicated graphics card.

i however, haven't had any issues running current games on it. 15" was too large for a portable for me and the price difference didn't justify the expense for neglible benefits.

6. JCastro macrumors 6502a

i don't think you need a MBP either. If you really like the WhiteBook then go for it. They just upgraded the processor. It may not be perfect for gaming but you shouldn't have any problems either.

If you are worried about it go with the 2.4 Unibody like RiCEADDiCTBOY said.

7. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Get a MacBook for computer stuff. For gaming I will always recommend a gaming console, like xbox or something.

8. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

not trying to be rude or mean any offense - so don't take it the wrong way. but, i honestly don't ever understand why people keep suggesting "get a game console." i believe in this day and age that goes without saying and videogame consoles are as common as a toaster.

members are generally asking "which one would perform better between my macbook choices." most of them aren't looking for something that a gaming rig can perform but, adequate enough to satsify gaming desires on the go or when game consoles/desktops/etc are not available.

9. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Haha dude, I really like that you're now including your screen model in your sig.

The way I see it, if portability or money are a concern, get the MB. The MB will run Aperture and similar programs just fine, and recent games work perfectly well, just not at their highest settings.

10. bjquach macrumors 6502

Macbook pro is for those who are graphics heavy and are power users.

11. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

:cool:

12. 1Sik macrumors newbie

It depends what kind of games you are wanting to play.. but with the gfx card in the current macbooks it will struggle with the newer games.

13. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I am neither and still got a MBP

Nor do I make huge amounts of $$$

Mine was a more expensive middle-of-line MBP.

Reasons are many why I got a MBP, and I am happy I got this and not a MB. :cool:

14. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Care to explain in further detail, so as to aid our Original Poster?