Mac Book Pro 13" 2010 System Sound Delay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattkidd, Jul 20, 2010.

1. mattkidd macrumors regular

mattkidd

Hello Guys,

Ive been using Mac for almost a month now from purchasing my first Mac on my birthday. Ive got to say its an entire new experience and i love it something that is surely credited in my IT course i am currently studying as a student.

Now i love the Mac Pro however being a perfectionist i do have a couple of issues.

One of them being with the system sounds when you receive an email or your battery is dying or your dragging something off the dock and you receive the puff sound. Now something i seem to be experiencing is quite a delay between these actions or sounds or at times no sound at all. Im guessing this is a software issue as i cant see any reasonable hardware explanation.

My second issue is the battery over just a months of use (taking care of battery letting it have normal cycles) it seems to have dropped form an estimated usage of about 5 hours to 3 fully charged basically pretty much idle other than safari open on a basic webpage.

The next and final issue is the click when moving the mac i believe its the SMS motion thing, ive heard its possible to turn this off but how?

Last but not least :p im thinking of upgrading the hardrive at some point either to a faster 7200rmp or a Solid state, what would you recommend specifically for the mac? rather than in general also would this void my warranty or would apple do it based on my extended Apple Care package?

Hope you can Help, much appreciated.

Cheers

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

If you upgrade the hard drive, it will not void your warranty. Apple will not upgrade the hard drive for you; you have to do it yourself. If you restore your computer with the discs that it came with, you may fix the problem. This does not sound like a hardware issue.

3. andrewd351 macrumors newbie

I'm having the sound delay problem as well. MacBook Pro circa early 2009, 2GB RAM, OS 10.6.4

Anyone figured it out?

-andrew

<bump!>

4. DaMan05 macrumors member

I know I'm waking a year old thread, but I really hate this "feature" too.

It seems that my Winter 2011 MBP turns off the speakers when there's no audio being played. I'm guessing this is to save battery or something. So when audio is played, it takes about a second for it to start.

This causes notification sounds to come about a second late and causes you to miss the first second of any audio being played. This is very annoying.

I only noticed this when I had my earbuds in. After audio playing is done, there is very slight static in my earbuds (meaning the audio output is still on), and then a couple seconds later, the static cuts out. This is what gave me the idea that audio output is turned off and this is the problem.

Any way to keep audio output on? I doubt it takes too much battery...