Mac book pro 13" hard drive upgrade: nobody knows??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jayjay75, Jun 16, 2009.

1. jayjay75 macrumors newbie

I have a query that nobody can answer: can you help?:confused:

I've recently bought the 2009 model Macbook 13" and want to buy a hard drive upgrade (Mac are a rip off to upgrade with them).

I want to buy the Seagate Momentus 7200rpm that comes in 2 models: with or without a free fall sensor.:)

On-line at the mac site it says that the Macs come with a 160gb drive, with sudden motion sensor - I find this a little ambiguous as I believe the sudden motion sensor was separate from the drive itself in previous models. Please correst me if I'm wrong.

Does this mean that it is built into the drive itself or built into the computer?

The real question is, do I buy a drive with a sudden motion sensor (free fall sensor) or not???:confused:

I hope you have some insight because at the moment no one can give me an answer, nor the apple tech people.:mad:

Cheers,

jayjay75

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

MBP's come with a built in sudden motion sensor. A hard drive with one as well is sometimes known to cause problems.

3. sneeks macrumors 6502a

4. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

Separate. Even my MacBook Air with SSD has sudden motion sensor bulit in. :)

5. jayjay75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys

:)Thanks guys for your quick response.

And 'sneeks' I was looking everywhere to find out what the stock standard HDD is in the mac pro lines: it's like they want to keep it a secret.

Great, I'll order my HD and keep you guys posted on how the seagate performs.

See you on the forum:cool: