Mac book pro 15" running slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by softandy, Jun 23, 2010.

1. softandy macrumors member

Can anyone help? My macbook pro seems to be running slow. I get quite a bit of lag when running itunes, iphoto and safari.
    I'm running snow leopard, but don't know if I should be performing any maintenance tasks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have a look at Activity Monitor (select tho SHOW ALL PROCESSES and sort by COU) to see if a process might hog up your CPU.

Also what specific MBP do you have and how much HDD space is left of how much capacity?

Maybe Onyx can help in cleaning some caches and such.

Btw, MRoogle can also give you many dozens of threads with similar problems.

3. Mikeosoft macrumors newbie

Softy, do you have the issue when you have multiple tabs open with flash playing? Like youtube vids, hulu, etc...?

My macbook pro 15 was running sluggish until I managed to download the graphic card selector which let me toggle between Intel graphics and Nvidia. It made all the difference.

Let me know if this helps.

-Mike

4. softandy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks spinnerlys, Onyx seemed to sort out the problems with iTunes and iPhoto.

Mikesoft you'll have to be more specific about the download you mention. There is a reason for my username:cool:

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys