Mac Book Pro 17'' display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thinliner, Dec 18, 2008.

1. thinliner macrumors newbie

Hello, new here, just looking for some kind of answer to a question I have on my display. Shooting photography is the main reason I purchased this laptop for to edit my images using photoshop. The problem is the display in CS3 Bridge the photo's look terrible on the screen, whites have a glare to them and are washed out on the extreme side. If I adjust the balance on this laptop and upload the photo somewhere else it changes dramatically. I have adjusted the display but haven't found any change that helps. 17" Mac Book pro, glossy screen. Any answers, or anyone else have a fix for this? Thanks very much.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. thinliner thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

I did try calibrating the display with the same results, CS3 bridge probably is the worst for the blown out white spots.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Color critical work REQUIRES external display, not laptop display.

5. Dreamail macrumors 6502

Not necessarily.
    You just need the right laptop:

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/interactive/8730w-dc/model2.html
    "Tri-color LED backlight offers CRT-class blacks and user defined, programmable white points".
    "Completely accurate renditions of sRGB and Adobe RGB color spaces."
    HP calls it 'DreamColor' and it was developed in co-operation with Dreamworks Studios.

Just get the real deal - not the consumer stuff that Apple dishes out in its 'Pro' laptops.
    It's not cheap, but noone expects this from a real 'Pro' machine.

6. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Not really good advice considering the OP already owns a MBP.

Either way, I doubt that "mobile workstation" is going to be extremely successful. Most people that need that much color accuracy are going to be doing that work in a light-controlled environment.

Just buy you a nice Dell monitor and you'll be set. If you've got the room, get a honkin' old CRT -- they have the best color there is.