Mac Book Pro 17 inch with LED back light and high resolution screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by southside2006, Dec 1, 2007.

1. southside2006 macrumors newbie

I am looking for any information on a possible new release of the 17 inch Mac Book Pro with the High Resolution screen and possible LED. I heard that Apple is not going to give it the new LED screen as in the 15 inch Mac Book Pro. I was in the apple store today and asked the manager, he was confused, he did not even know that the new 17 inch had a High Resolution Screen, he only knew that it had a Mercury back light. I tried to tell him about the new high resolution screen and he wanted to argue with me and told me that Apple did not have anything close to a High Resolution screen, when I had him pull out the box in stock he replied " how about that I guess we do have one " Someone please fill me in.. Thanks...

2. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

They'll be getting them soon. Possibly by the end of the year (didn't Jobs say that all Macs would be greener by the end of the year?), and if not then, by MWSF for sure.

It'll probably be a quiet upgrade.

3. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Nothing more will happen before MWSF, period, end of story, it hurts their sales by confusing customers all while they are busy preparing for MWSF. However, I would give it a 50/50 chance at MWSF, the 15" LEDs are a production limiting problem and that's why they have not implemented them yet on the 17" models, hopefully that bottleneck is resolved with the manufacturers, but if it isn't, don't expect any for a few more months after MWSF.

4. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

I understand the concept of Apple not updating anything this close to the Holiday season/MWSF, but was it not stated at some point that all MBPs/MBs (or perhaps all Macs for that matter?) would have LED screens by the end of the year?

And if they DO update, it's not going to be anything major that confuses any customers or anything. As evident by the 15" MBPs, the new LED screens don't improve brightness or anything. The average consumer probably wouldn't even know if their new 17" MBP came with an LED or traditional CCFL screen .