Mac Book Pro 2015 purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vance09, Nov 28, 2016.

1. vance09 macrumors regular

I was one of those guys that just could not buy a 2016 looking at no sd not 3.1 ports etc
    I asked around about performance of the 2015 vs the 2016 and never really got solid answers
    So I just got the 2015 after 1 week (right out of china) 16ram 1.0 gb HD 15.4
    Took me awhile to set it up partitioned the drive 300/700 data and installed parallels with win 7 running on the side with 8 gb allocated for it. AND it runs very well in fact it does the win 7 speed of 6.9 which most PC notebook do , but its smooth
    I only had to call apple 2x and they could not help with the questions I had on dock icon changes and an extra server on my email.
    They said they had no answer
    I am happy with my purchase and its running cad software in win7 excellent, its ahead of me and that's what I would expect.
    I am also happy with the ports, thunderbolt is really not much use unless you go out of your way and buy devices that suit ,but the sd and usb 3.0 are great , already used them full time .
    Now looking at a Bluetooth mouse to free the tied up usb port

2. dk808 macrumors 6502a

3. vance09 thread starter macrumors regular

Its not a poem , I am a fussy computer user and mostly PC's I have a macpro 2009 and its solid
    so I thought instead of another dell I would try this ...and its better than my dell speed wise