Mac book pro Crashes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mangoes, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Mangoes macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have late 2007 Macbook pro.
    Lately it has started to crash without any reason.
    I am viewing some web pages and it just shut's down.
    some times I reboot the maching and it crashes even before the login screen.

It works on and off. Sometimes it will work for days and some time it crashes every few minutes.

Any thoughts what might be the issue.

Thanks,
    Prashant

2. LPZ macrumors 65816

Need more info. Is a kernel panic report available? Probably hardware-related.

3. Mangoes thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac book pro Crashes

Please let me know how to get kernal panic report.
    the laptop just shutdown's as if the power plug is pulled out.

4. LPZ macrumors 65816

Overheating? Are your fans working?

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Open the Activity Monitor and the Console.
    In Spotlight you can search for them.

Have you installed anything new recently?

To discard between a software issue and a hardware issue, you can create a new user and log in with the new user, and if the issues are gone it is likely that it is a software issue in your user.

For checking the Hardware run the Apple Hardware Test, depending on what version of Mac OS X you are running you might need to boot form the original OS X optical disc that came with your Mac.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1509?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

6. Mangoes thread starter macrumors newbie

My fans are working. I keep them running at 6K all the time. I have noticed when the temp is high (100C) it shuts down after couple of min. Another thing which I have noticed is that at time of booting, the fans are running at full speed. it goes down when login screen appears.
    Because of crash Issue I have formatted my hard drive and have installed latest OS. Initially I had not installed flash also. I know Flash is one of the problem, and we have stopped viewing media files on this. Only additional software on my machine (other than OS ) is Flash and Skype.
    I took the machine to Apple genius. they were not able to run the AHT on this for some reason. they told me that there is something wrong with graphics card. I don't understand why as it works some times.
    I am planning to buy a new one, but would like to keep using this one for my kids and to view emails and browse websites.

I tried running AHT, however it was not working for some reason. will try again later today.