mac book pro firefox problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by saladiro, Dec 27, 2007.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

hi all,

i am not sure if you guys can answer this b/c its not exactly a MAC related question. But....I am having a problem with fire fox on my mac book pro. I downloaded fire fox browser (i am pretty sure its the most current). My problem is odd, when i have "view book mark" tool bar set to "check" i cant drag any bookmarks there. its very weird, there is a blank toollbar, but when I drag and drop,...no Drop happens??? is there a setting i am missing? I am a long time PC guy, so could there be something different for the mac?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

a screenshot please.

its basically the same, pc or mac version of firefox.

3. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

Hi,

i am not actually at my home PC, but here is a screen shot (with a bit of paint brush editing) So I see the book mark tool bar, and its completely blank. when I try to drag and drop an existing book mark from the bookmark list, the highlighted rectangle appears, then goes over the tool bar, but does not stay. On my PC it works with out any problems. I may just re-install it. my theory was that this might be a MAC issue (but i guess not)

has anyone had this problem....or am i just trying too hard :D

Attached Files:

4. palmerized macrumors regular

Bookmarks in the "Bookmark Toolbar Folder" can't be moved from the browser window. You have to go to Organize Bookmarks and move it from there. Yes, this is slightly different from the way it works in Windows.

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

im totally confused about what exactly you are trying to do. I know I can

1. drag the website icon at the left side of URL bar to bookmark toolbar and add a bookmarks there

2. I can drag and re-arrange the position of bookmarks on the bookmark toolbar..

I guess I still didn't get your question, sigh....