Mac Book Pro Gfx card problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by trixordo, Nov 20, 2009.

1. trixordo macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I have a macbook pro late 2007 model(Core 2 Duo 2.4 SantaRosa).

I was working all morning on it and everything was crashes no nothing.So, I had it switched off for a couple of hours cause i left home. When I came back i switched it on but it didnt show anything on the screen however i can feel it is working as i get the mac sound when pressing the power on button,the hard drive is active and a few shortcuts like the ctrl+option+apple+eject for shuting down work fine.It also recognizes my firewire sound card just fine and i get sound!!!By the way, the DVI display port doesnt work either when i connect a monitor!!

I tried with the power adapter on only , with the battery on only, with both on, i took out the memory and the battery and re-placed it back on but nothing different!!!!

So, is it that my Gfx card that has decided to stop working or is it something that i cant think and is very easy to fix??

Very desperate to sort it out as i have all my work in it and have to meet deadlines this month!!!

Thanks in advance:eek:
  2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Oct 24, 2007
    Jist: Bring it to Apple. Your card is dead.

Long :
  3. trixordo thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2009
    Thanks!!!I just spoke with apple and they will do it free of charge!!
    They new straight away what it was!!
  4. Flobber88 macrumors regular

Jun 19, 2007
    I had the exact same issues on my 2.2 SR MbP a month ago. It was a faulty GPU and Apple replaced the logic board (now covered by a 3 year warranty)