Mac Book Pro i7 NVIDIA GT330M driver for Win 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by appology, May 9, 2010.

1. appology macrumors newbie

Hello. I have been trying to update the driver for my MBPro i7 with the 330M display. But when in Windows 7 Ultimate, it sees it as a generic VGA and I get low resolution. Is there a driver from Apple? I tried to install the driver from NVIDIA but was not successful because it says it does not recognize it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

pop your osx install dvd in, install bootcamp drivers
    I'm going to be doing this tomorrow so I hope that works out

3. matttung macrumors member

4. appology thread starter macrumors newbie

I downloaded this link as noted and when I install it, I get the error message that states: "The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks for your help. BTW. I am using the 64Bit Windows as you noted.

5. nemods macrumors newbie

Yeah get the same error message after trying the newer Nvidia driver :(
    Also Windows Ultimate 64-bit

6. appology thread starter macrumors newbie

I did upgrade my bootcamp to 3.1 so I know I have the latest stuff so far yet it does not recognize any video but a generic PnP Video.:(

7. matttung macrumors member

8. jmdMac macrumors regular

There was a previous thread on this, and they even listed a few other places to get the drivers from. I would try searching for it, you may have great success.

I would give the thread title or websites to get the drivers, but I don't remember either of them.

EDIT: Nice, someone already got it.

9. appology thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: I reinstalled Bootcamp from my OSX as recommended and it did the job. I also installed the drivers from the install OSX and it worked like a charm. Used the Nvidia driver install located in the drivers folder of the CD. Thanks for your help and support everyone. All the drivers for both video cards are in the OSX under bootcamp.:D

10. foldl macrumors newbie

Windows XP drivers

Hi, I had similar problems trying to find drivers for the 330m for XP, and I thought I'd post how I solved the issue.

I downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA's site. These don't install using the actual installer, but you can install them using the "have disk" method (see http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/33-have-disk-method-for-windows-xp/). Once the install is done, you get a dialog box saying something like "The NVIDIA control panel could not be installed, reverting to previous display drivers." At this point, I shut down the macbook immediately without clicking OK (you can just press the power button). When I rebooted, the NVIDIA drivers were installed and working. You can then install the NVIDIA tools separately if you want.

Perhaps a similar method might work on Windows 7 -- it's considerably easier than modifying the INF file.