Mac Book Pro, iMac 20, or Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kyle99, Sep 11, 2009.

1. kyle99 macrumors newbie

I'm buying my 4th computer, and my 1st ever apple product. I'm debating between a Mac Book Pro 13', an iMac 20', or a mac mini(I already have a 19' monitor). I have a budget of about 1100, but the less I spent the more I could spend on other things, like maybe an iPod touch :p

My main uses would be email, web browsing, photo/light video editing, and a little bit of programming. I won't really be using it for gaming. I obviously want it to be as fast as possible, so I don't really want to settle for less.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot :)

~Kyle

2. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

YOU, cannot buy a macbook pro under $1100! or a imac for $1100, they cost over $1500!
    my opinion

buy a mac mini $600

buy the keyboard, and mighty mouse... $150

buy a new ipod nano or ipod touch $150-$200

buy the apple care protection plan $200-$250

buy a printer, or else if they give you one for free after rebate. (-$100)

3. kyle99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I could just wait a couple weeks and get a Mac Book Pro, if that would be a better choice.

4. MTI macrumors 65816

Kyle, how do you reconcile those two statements? What is more important to you, or likely to be important over the next few years of owning the unit?

The new Mini is your bang for the buck choice since you have a monitor and it's the lowest cost entry point to new.

5. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

the macbook pro is a sexy device...:D

u will not be dissapointed:D

6. coltter macrumors newbie

coltter

i would like to collect the enough to buy a mac book pro instead. :)

7. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

8. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

macbook pro or mac mini, use the external screen with either the mac mini or the mbp... *(i think with the mbp you'll need to buy a cable (£19))[​IMG] in my opinion, mbp... but if money is tight, the mini will be more then sufficient

9. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

If you need portability get the MBP, if not get the mini.

10. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

This is easy, if your like me and find yourself always on the move get the Mac Pro 13". The number 1 reason is you'll never find yourself with out a computer. It's so small but yet powerful enough to do just about everything you need plus more. You'll have no excuses why you can't just drop it into your messenger bag or backpac & take it with you.

If your home a lot and just want a computer to go online and things of that sort. If your trying to save some money, get a Mac mini. They are both awesome little computers. Upgrades for both are not that much & you'll have Snow leopard & Ilife etc. enough to keep you busy.

:)