Mac Book Pro: now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DigitalFirefly, Apr 22, 2008.

  1. DigitalFirefly macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2008
    #1
    I was planning on buying a 15" Mac Book Pro. I started reading some posts on here and supposedly there may be new ones coming out in June. Is it worth waiting 2 months? Will new ones be tough to get when they're released? I don't need to get the laptop now, I just want one really bad :) By the way this is my first Mac.
     
  2. amiga macrumors 6502

    amiga

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2006
    Location:
    London.
    #2
    Its all just speculation... if you need one get one... if you can wait, wait... There are never any guarantees with Apple update as they don't tell us in advance.

    For example, the Mac books and Mac Books Pro's were updated in Feb but the iMac is still waiting... I'm going to be getting a Mac Book Pro at the end of the month with any luck... There might be ones in a few months you never know.
     
  3. jonswan macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    #3
    This question has been asked a million times - this is a rumors site so everything is speculation until it happens.

    What we know is that there is talk of new designs sometime after June - it's up to you, not us, as to whether you want to believe that. If you like the current design go ahead. I'm waiting, but I have an iMac and Powerbook to keep me company. If you don't want to jump, why not buy a refurb or a second hand one in the meantime, then sell it when the new ones come out?
    Another issue is 1st generation Macs have issues, so if the design/chip changes then you might want to hold back a few months to see what issues come up.
     
  4. tMac85 macrumors 65816

    tMac85

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2007
    Location:
    in a great place
    #4
    just wait...


    and do a search with your title and read up on previous threads for additional information.
     

Share This Page