Mac Book Pro or Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by davidlw, Jul 25, 2012.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

Those of you who own a Mac Book Air, would you still buy the Air or the Mac Book Pro? I think that I would like the Air but would like your input. Can you leave it plugged in all of the time except when you need to take it on the road? I am a road salesman and think that this would be the way to go. Do you miss not having a DVD drive?

2. dkersten macrumors 6502a

Absolutely get the MBA. If you won't miss an optical drive you will have no regrets

3. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    Had a Pro since '07 (15", 2.4 C2D) and loved it up until I got my 13" Air last August. Now I can't believe how SLOW the Pro is compared to the Air. And light. And great battery life. Did I mention that it's fast and light? Or the battery gets me through the day? I'm not doing any graphics intense things - pages, numbers, email, web, Skype - it rocks even if I have all of these things running at the same time, which I generally do.

4. rpg51 macrumors 6502

rpg51

MBA for sure

I love this little computer. Perfect for me. I also have a Thunderbolt Display in my home office so it serves as a very nice desktop as well.

5. Dessureault macrumors member

I second that! I have the early 2011 15" MBP 2.0 quad core i5 and since I bought the mid 2012 13" MacBook Air, I haven't used the MBP once! The air look awesome, it's so light, the screen is gorgeous, the battery is MARVELOUS compared to the MBP too! SSD? best thing ever!
    the only thing I regret about this computer is not buying it earlier!

it's that awesome! :cool:

6. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

7. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

my last laptop was a macbook pro and this is my first air. its so fast and light. i love it. chances are i will only buy macbook airs instead of pros from this time forward.

8. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think that the Air will be my next laptop after reading your comments. Can you leave it plugged in all of the time until you take it with you or should I charge it up and up plug it after charging?

9. luqtotheman macrumors regular

CDs are pretty much going to disappear in due time. Majority of programs, music, movies is all available via download.

Air is the way to go just a little pricey if you want to buff up the speed but the SSD is a whole boost compared to the pro's with HDD.

10. manunited macrumors member

I switched from a MBP 13" late 2011 to a MBA 13" mid-2012 and I absolutely love it! No regrets. :)

----------

You can leave it charged in all the time.

11. Retina MacBook macrumors regular

I want the thinnest, most portable Mac ever. And I want the most powerful Mac ever. For me, thin is a higher priority than power, so I got the World's Most Powerful MacBook Air as of 2012.

12. rpg51 macrumors 6502

rpg51

This is a good question and I look forward to some replies from others. My habit is to use it plugged in most of the time only because I tend to sit in a chair in the living room with it on my lap with a charger sitting there all the time or in my office in clam shell mode powered by the supply from the Thunderbolt Display. I do take it to work without a charger and use it there on occasion. I honestly don't thing about charging one way or the other unless I am going to be away from home overnight with it. My expectation is that over time the battery will suffer no matter what I do just like every other laptop I have ever owned. We'll see. Right now it is excellent -but it is also fairly new.

13. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

@davidlw
    Since you posted in the MacBook Air thread you no longer have a choice and have to get a MBA :)