Mac Book Pro Screen Black smudges!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GunnerMac, Apr 15, 2012.

1. GunnerMac macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo Mac Book pro model from 2008, the machine has been running well and I have done my best to keep it up to date. I keep my mac clean in terms of keeping it free of dust etc, and store it in a slipon cover and in a computer bag. Over the past few months Ive notice that behind my screen are these dark smudges that go from the top left corner and run down the edge of my screen, it's definitely behind the screen. it's very distracting as I do a lot of work with graphics etc. It has now started to appear on the top edge running underneath my built-in webcam! As I say, it is never left out to allow dust or dirt to build up like that, and even if it were, I dont understand why its behind the screen. Also, it definitely isnt dead pixels. I did take the computer to where I bought it originally before the problem occurred as they were checking a few things for me, and it has been since this time that it has occurred! I dont want it to keep spreading! I have attached a pic of it, not a great picture but it give you the idea.

Does anyone know what it is, or have you had a similar issue? And suggest ways to sort it!? It would be very much appreciated? My computer is out of warranty also so any suggestions would be great to avoid major costs! :apple:

Attached Files:

2. /user/me macrumors 6502

Try this one:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4044

Or this one:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1721

The reason that I had the 2010 one is because it has pictures for you to look at where it looks very similar to what you have going on.

3. GunnerMac thread starter macrumors newbie

4. /user/me macrumors 6502

Mhmm :) :) No problem :) I thought it looked exactly like what's going on. Good luck :)