Mac Book Pro: Screen issue or What? Help please!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by movementpro, Oct 20, 2009.

1. movementpro macrumors newbie

Today while I was using my early 2008 revision MacBook Pro, the screen and my dual monitor decided to get all pink and green fuzzy. The mouse and keys were un-responsive and i decided to hard shut down the computer. When i reloaded it, this came up:[​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry for the poor quality image, but that's all i got. I did try and see if i could find a error code in using the bootup command APPLE + V , but was not successful. To describe what you see, the screen has a black bar down the center with a few speckles of green and pink, and white bars on the side. After a min or two, the white are engulfed with a very 'evil' looking black bar. I scheduled a Genius Bar appointment, but you can help me before the appointment, that would be greatly appreciated.

2. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Ouch that don't look good, most likely to be a problem with the GPU dude, don't think there's anything to suggest anything other than taking it in for repair.

Best way to know for certain is to boot up with the MAC OS X disk, if it's the same there then it's not O/S related and will need repairing.

3. movementpro thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, went in and they said it was the GPU. Failed their 1st GPU test. So i get to sit and wait 3-5 days without my Mac while they wait for the part to arrive and install it. Bright side is: no cost to me. So good and bad. Just wish it didn't have to take so long, as i need it for school. So hopefully the parts get in fast.

4. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

You have my sympathies, took my MBP in for repair middle of September via an authorised service centre. They had it 20 days got it back and had to take it in again Sunday (9 days after getting back), to send it off for repair again as it won't charge